The local chapter of E Clampus Vitus, a non-profit fraternal organization dedicated to preserving the history of the West, on Saturday, June 18, will be dedicating Bishop Union High School main building, which was first occupied by the 1922 class.
E Clampus Vitus Slim Princess No. 395, named after the Carson & Colorado narrow-gauge railroad that once served as the supply chain for developing the Owens Valley, will be celebrating the dedication at 9 a.m. Saturday at the building along with many members of the community, faculty, students and alumni.
During the inaugural celebration, the 1922 class deposited a time capsule into the cornerstone of the building, according to the organization. There are reportedly a number of items in the time capsule, including an edition of The Inyo Register from 1922.
The organization, in its invitation, noted that it is unaware of the condition of the capsule and its contents at this time but plan to “work on that before the dedication …”
There will be a plaque dedication done by E Clampus Vitus Slim Princess No. 395, as well.
For more on this story, see the June 16 edition of The Inyo Register.